part four of my continuation with the development of the digital media project.
for this I chose the flowers for the background and a nude portrait to become the main image.
now this was created by using the exclusion tool from the layers option. It has given the image a ghostly effect and the flowers almost replicate curtains covering up the nude as though to privatize her body.
I then took this ‘exclusion’ picture further by using gradient map filter to hopefully give the image a more artistic flare.
Now the above images have been created using the same gradient tint of orange and purple. Gr -1 is slightly more abstract and the nude is not as noticeable because with the textures of the flowers and the use of a bright orange it looks as though you are staring at a nicely lit fire in a grande fireplace. Gr -2 however i feel has worked more successfully; the image has a darker quality around the nude figure so it is more prominent to a viewers eye yet it still has the depiction of fire due to the petals of the flowers.
here i took a different approach from the original paintings and used the difference tool of the layers selection. The detail of this piece is more noticeable and is strong on both the flower and the female form; also the dark colours against the light purples and blues of her figure gives a nice contrast.
once again I used the gradient map tool (I am becoming very fond of this tool) to manipulate the ‘difference’ image further and all three developments from this have turned out perfect.
gr -1:- the nude almost looks like damaged goods due to the effects of the different shades of yellow like a sculpture that is falling apart.
gr -2:- the contrast of cool and warm colours work beautifully together and give a dark and mysterious look to the female nude laying down.
gr -3:- out of the three I think this one is the most successful because of the strong and bright colours. The fact that the background is lighter then the subject matter helps to make the nude portrait the focal point of which is what i was aiming for throughout this project.